Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Snow Day





I watched that Holly tree fall this morning, as I was waking up after a phone call from Andy, telling me his icy woes... Very surreal. Especially how the one bird feeder is frozen in a semi-upright position.

I've been outside to break the ice off the bird feeder three times already, but I've seen almost all of the Southern Illinois songbirds, and a few very grateful fox squirrels. In one hour I saw purple finches, dark eyed junkos, blue jays, cardinals, black-capped chickadees, tufted tit-mice, a couple that are either fox sparrows or thrushes, and an immature mocking bird who instantly claimed the apple I put out.

My college canceled classes today and when I called my aunt at work and she told me just to stay home, so... I did. (and now you know why I posted three times today).

No comments: