Sunday, September 23, 2007

Stax


Kitt visited me this weekend, as expected. We went to the Stax Museum (next to the academy, the site of Stax Records, etc). It's basically a shrine to American music, and I'm insisting you venerate within it's walls at least once.
OK, now that I've done my Memphian duty I can tell you: I've got some suggestions for them, but I'm not sure they want to hear 'em.
I wish there was something inside you could take photos of, or something you could touch. Some other way to interact besides listening and looking. They did have a dance-floor set up, which was cool, but it was hard to break out of the museum-patron role and let loose. (I managed, only slightly embarrassed).

If you look close at the reflection in the door you can see Kitt taking the photo.

1 comment:

Kitt said...

guess whooo :P~? ...if it ever lets me post...