Tuesday, March 13, 2007

six weird things about me

1. I’ve been a vegetarian since I was seven. Yep, uh huh, seven. No, I'm not a vegan. That's usually the next question. Not really sure why that's always the next statement/question when I tell people I'm a vegetarian, but no, I'm not vegan.

2. I collect random bits of useless trivia. I'll give you a couple: The koala has fingerprints just like a human. The tips of shoelaces are called aglets. The movie "Rocky" is based on a true story.
(Chuck Wepner, the real Rocky.)

3. I’m a badge-wearing, card-carrying member of Society of Strange. It's a site for teenage girls, and I don't think I was ever a teenage girl, but I have always had a special place in my closet for emily.


4. I made a rule about 10 years ago to only live with black cats. I’ve found it has kept me from having to buy cat food and clean out litter-pans.

5. I can't stand the sound of cardboard ripping. Seriously, even thinking about it makes my teeth hurt.

6. The weirdest of weird things about me: there has been an encapsulated tick head in my neck since 1st grade. (Ya know how the tick warnings always say to make sure and remove the heads?) I remember having to take medicine. It's not noticeable, and I'm hardly ever aware of it but when I get sick it gets a little swollen like my glands.

No comments: