Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year's Tortilla


Happy New Year every one, thanks for all the birthday greetings and congratulations. Last night we saw some cool live music: a band called 3 leg torso with an accordion, stand-up bass, fiddle, slide whistle, etc. (I'm a sucker for a good accordion) and then an 18 piece marching band called March Forth which comes with a burlesque dance troop on stilts. Really good show.


Right after midnight March Fourth started throwing stuff into the audience-- I couldn't quite see what but could make out that they were white and circular and people were grabbing them. Then I noticed one hurtling towards me- smack- right in the eye. I looked down to see what it was: a raw tortilla stamped in the middle with a blue star. Irreverent, I know, and I know a tortilla seems all soft and innocent, but let me tell you those suckers hit hard. Still it's not bad for the first story of the new year:

I got smacked in the eye with a star stamped tortilla flung by a madcap marching band within minutes of the very begining of 2007.

No comments: